Based on the experiences of the 2013 „KdW city festival for glocal change“ and former projects, Joy developed the „Living Rooms“ concept, a Social Capital Sculpture which visualizes, stage-manages, networks and promotes the Social Capital of selected urban environments.
Starting with nothing more than the „Living Rooms“ concept and the hidden social capital potential on location, Joy develops collaborative neighbourhood networks within 100 days per location, cumulating in a 10-day integrative festival.
The multilayer concept includes:
– the „rolling Kiosk of happiness“, a mobile bureau to connect the local actors for a sharing/caring community.
– the „https://united.crowdmap.com“, a thematic crowdmapping platform to establish visibility for the existing components of a happy, sustainable society and to enable ongoing network communication.
– the „conference of happiness“, a thematic bar camp.
– a collaboratively furnished open home in public space as the stage and center of the process.
– the „Living Rooms“ festival with a site-specific program of crosscultural and partly spontaneous shows, workshops, activities and discussions, leading to experiences of a new understanding and view of community as a social organism.
– a documentation and DIY-manual to spread the concept and promote a sustainable lifestyle of solidarity, creativity and happiness.
Living Rooms is planned to start 2014.